The Vance's Journal

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Sunday, October 02, 2005

The Hell that is The Kitchen Floor

First off I'd like to apologive for the enourmous amount of slackage that I've done I've just been to lazy to update. Let's bring you folks up to date, I turned 18 on the 9th of sept. WOOT! been buying lottery tickets ever since. Hopefully will be promoted to team captain soon at Shaws. Other than that nothing major has happened in the life of me. My mom and I have been putting in a new floor in the kitchen this weekend (Hence the title of this post) and it's been hell on wheels. I started putting down the tiles yesterday afternoon while mom went and took a nap. And after 3 hours of swearing, mess ups and the throwing of the hammer (which almost hit the cat BTW) I decided it was time for mom to get involved before I put a hole in the floor. So with the addition of mom to the equation we balenced each other out and managed to get some good progress done on the floor. At about 5:30 Shaws calls and says "You were supposed to be here at 5". I didn't know I had to work today because I had stupidly forgot to mark saturday on the calender so I told them that I'd be there after I finished putting in the tile I was working on. So I left mom and Betty to finish half of the kitchen while I dragged myself to work....until 11. Man when 11 came around I was one hurtin S.O.B. Come to find out Betty didn't help and mom did the rest of the half of the Kitchen by herself. So needless to say I felt like an ass because mom had to finish the half of the kitchen herself. Which she did a very good job of BTW. We cranked out the other half today exept for a few spots which require some "skill" with the box cutter which we'll probably get done during the week. Man this floor project has been a real endurance trial, between mom's back practically going out and the mess ups it has been very tiring but it looks really good. But I've gotta get goin it's getting late I'll try to update more from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home